The Auto Project
- Released the second Great Lakes Automotive Pollution Prevention
Project Progress Report (Report Link Coming Soon) in the Fall
of 1995. This report details the accomplishments of the Project
and establishes its future direction.
- Achieved a production normalized 15 percent reduction in the
release of the 65 persistent toxic substances. This reduction
is even greater, increasing to 55 percent, if releases of zinc
at two foundries are excluded in calculations.
- As of May 1996, over forty case studies published and made
available to the public.
- Agreement on mission statement and operating guidelines for
the expanded U.S. Auto Project.
- Participation in technology transfer and assistance forums,
e.g. the October 20, 1995 North American Auto Supplier Environmental
Workshop held for over 300 suppliers in Toronto.
- Utilization of higher education summer interns on in-depth
joint pollution prevention projects.